Sometimes, when a loved one passes away, their estate must go through the court supervised probate, or estate administration process. Probate lawyer, Karyn Vanderwarren can assist heirs by determining if probate is necessary, and then help to streamline this process as much as possible. During this process, your loved one’s assets will normally be inventoried, managed and distributed.
During this process, Karyn will help with:
- Filing a petition with the probate court
- Sending required notices to heirs, legatees and creditors
- Petitioning the court to appoint an Executor or Administrator for the estate
- Publishing required notices
- Preparing an inventory of estate assets
- Determining which creditors should be paid
- Selling estate assets
- Final personal tax return
- Estate tax return and fiduciary return, if applicable
- Distributing assets
Your family’s experience in the probate process will be determined by the size and complexity of the estate and the cooperation of all family members in estate management decisions.
Probate lawyer Karyn Vanderwarren law office is located at 120 E. Ogden Avenue in Hinsdale, Illinois or at 12530 S. Harlem Ave. Palos Heights, Illinois. She specializes in probate, estate planning, wills and trusts and real estate law. Her law practice has clients from Hinsdale, Chicago, LaGrange, Western Springs, Downers Grove, Burr Ridge, Westmont, Burbank, Palos Hills, Oak Lawn, Palos Park, Hickory Hills, as well as other south and western suburbs in Chicago. You can contact Karyn by phone at 708-839-9622.